Rooting a phone with one click root apps can be an easy process. But the main difficulty comes when you are unable to root them by those one click root apps. The same problem people are facing with their root Asus Zenfone 3S. I tried a lot of one click root apps like KingoRoot to root my Asus Zenfone 3S, but all efforts were in vain.
After a lot of efforts, I realized it is not possible to root Asus Zenfone 3S via one click root apps. Asus Zenfone 3S can be rooted only with the help of PC. So in this article, I will share the exact method that you need to follow to root your Asus Zenfone 3S.
Things you can do by rooting your Asus Zenfone 3s
After rooting you asus zenfone 3s, you can Unlock Bootloader of asus zenfone 3s, after unlocking bootloader, you can flash custom recovery like TWRP, philz touch in it. You can play with advanced things like Root Flasher,ADB Shell, Erase /system/data and /cache, you can change DPI of of your device, you can install xposed frame work as well!
Important Note Before root Asus Zenfone 3s
There are two things that you need to keep in mind before you start rooting your phone. First of all, you need to follow the steps given below in the exactly as explained in the post. Secondly, you will loose your device’s warranty after completing the rooting process. So be prepared for that too.
Prerequisites before you start to root your Asus Zenfone 3s
There are few things you need to make sure before you start rooting your phone.
- The computer you will be using should be connected to a permanent source of power. If you loose power connection in the midway, you are going to face trouble with your phone and may even brick it.
- You need to charge your phone completely so that you do not incur any battery shortage during the rooting process.
Requirements to root Asus Zenfone 3S
Make sure you have the following things mentioned above in this section before you begin the root Asus Zenfone 3s.
- Asus Zenfone 3S you want to root
- A Computer connected to the internet.
- A USB Cable.
- USB drivers installed on the computer.
- Proper battery charge (80+ is recommended)
- KingRoot software
Steps to follow to root Asus Zenfone 3S
You can follow the steps given below to root your Asus zenfone 3S
- Install the King Root software on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device. Go to settings, then developer and then USB Debugging.
- Connect your phone to the computer.
- Open the King Root software on your computer.
- You will be able to see the “Root” button on the software’s window.
- Click on Root, and the rooting process will start.
- The process will take something between 5-10 minutes.
- Wait patiently till you get the success message.
Once you see the success message, it means that you have successfully rooted your phone. In case you see a failure message, then you need to follow the same steps again and again until you see the success message.
If your entire process is completed successfully and you see the success message too, then you can check for root using any root checker app.
To cross check, you need to check whether the SuperSU named application is installed on your phone.
Now you can install Xposed and then, other apps which you want.
As an alternative to this method, you can also try rooting your phone using the KingORoot app. If you use that app, you will not have to connect your Phone to PC. For the steps, you can check our previous article.
So this was the complete tutorial on how to root Asus Zenfone 3S. If this method works for you, give us a thumbs up and share this post with your friends. In case you face any problem while rooting your phone, you can comment below and we will try our best to solve your problems.