bootloader is the component or code in the operating system that is executed before the start of any android device. A locked bootloader device would not allow you to modify that bootloader and thus you are stuck with using (booting) the same operating system that the device Originally came with. once you unlock the bootloader on your device it will give you ability to Install other versions of the operating system on your Phone.
In this article you will learn how You can unlock bootloader on New Mediatek devices by using the MTKclient, without obtaining the permission from manufactures.
- Poco X3 GT, Redmi Note 8 Pro
How to unlock bootloader on Mediatek Devices:
- Install Mediatek usb COM driver on your computer
- Install mtk client and requirement’s, Run command windows and send below code
git clone https://github.com/bkerler/mtkclient cd mtkclient pip3 install -r requirements.txt
- turn Phone off, Press volume up + down key & connect it to computer by using the usb cable
- Open device manager and check for usb device (if no device repeat the Process or try test point)
- erase metadata and userdata (and md_udc if existing) for that send below code
python mtk e metadata,userdata,md_udc
- to unlock bootloader send below code
python mtk xflash seccfg unlock
python mtk xflash seccfg lock
python mtk reset