In this guide, we will show you the steps to install the Xiaomi EU ROM without TWRP Recovery on your Poco F3 device. Not many users are a fan of the stock MIUI experience. While some oppose the unnecessary customizations that it beholds, others are against the tons of bloatware apps that come pre-installed. As a result, users generally step into the custom development domain.
In this regard, there are a plethora of custom ROMs that you could try out on your Poco devices. However, it is the Xiaomi EU ROM that has managed to carve out a rich name for itself. It has trimmed down all the unnecessary features but at the same time, incorporated quite a few nifty ones as well. Along the same lines, it is efficiently optimized, is a lite-weight ROM that doesn’t hog much battery or system resources [Do Read: All the Features of Xiaomi EU ROM].
But more often than not, flashing this ROM requires a custom recovery like TWRP. Due to the lack of support or complexities involved in its installation process, not many users prefers to flash a custom recovery. Keeping this in mind, this guide will show you the steps to install the Xiaomi EU ROM onto your Poco F3 device without using the TWRP Recovery.
- How to Install Xiaomi EU ROM Without TWRP Recovery
- FAQ 1: How to Flash Xiaomi EU ROM via Fastboot Commands
How to Install Xiaomi EU ROM Without TWRP Recovery
The below instructions are listed under separate sections for ease of understanding. Make sure to follow in the exact same sequence as mentioned. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
STEP 1: Install Android SDK
First and foremost, you will have to install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC. This is the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google and is the only recommended one. So download it and then extract it to any convenient location on your PC. Doing so will give you the platform-tools folder, which will be used throughout this guide to flash the Xiaomi EU ROM onto your device.
STEP 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Next up, you will also have to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your device. The former will make your device recognizable by the PC in ADB mode. This will then allow you to boot your device to Fastboot Mode. On the other hand, OEM Unlocking is required to carry out the bootloader unlocking process.
So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
STEP 3: Unlock Bootloader on Poco F3
Since this is an unofficial ROM (a custom ROM to be precise), you will need to unlock the device’s bootloader. However, doing so will wipe off all the data and could nullify the device’s warranty as well. So if that’s all well and good, then please refer to our guide on How to Unlock the Bootloader on any Xiaomi Device. Once that is done, you may move over to the next step to install the Xiaomi EU ROM onto your device.
STEP 4: Download Xiaomi.EU Fastboot ROM
- Next up, download the Xiaomi EU ROM for your Poco F3 device from the below link:
Download: Poco F3 Xiaomi.EU Fastboot ROM
- Once downloaded, extract the ROM to the platform-tools folder on your PC.
STEP 5: Boot to Fastboot Mode
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
- To verify the Fastboot connection, type in the below command and you should get back the device ID:
STEP 6: Flash Xiaomi EU ROM via Fastboot Commands
- First off, it is recommended to perform a factory reset. So take a backup beforehand and then execute the below command
- You may proceed with the flashing of the Xiaomi EU ROM via the below fastboot commands. For that, just double-click on the windows_fastboot_update_ROM.bat file.
- The flashing process will begin automatically and could take up to 5-10 mins. Once done, your device will boot to the newly installed OS.
With this, you have successfully flashed the Xiaomi EU ROM without TWRP Recovery on your Poco F3. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
FAQ 1: How to Flash Xiaomi EU ROM via Fastboot Commands
Though it is recommended to flash the ROM file via the batch file, it’s always a good idea to know the behind-the-scenes. So if for some reason, you don’t want to use the above batch file, then you could also manually flash the IMG files to their respective partitions via the below commands. Here’s how:
- To begin with, make sure to enter one command at a time, don’t copy-paste all at once.
- Also, verify that all the ROM files are placed inside the platform-tools folder.
- Likewise, all these commands should be executed inside the CMD window that you have opened inside the platform-tools folder.
fastboot -w fastboot flash dsp_ab dsp.img fastboot flash xbl_config_ab xbl_config.img fastboot flash boot_ab boot.img fastboot flash modem_ab modem.img fastboot flash vbmeta_system_ab vbmeta_system.img fastboot flash tz_ab tz.img fastboot flash vbmeta_ab vbmeta.img fastboot flash bluetooth_ab bluetooth.img fastboot flash abl_ab abl.img fastboot flash dtbo_ab dtbo.img fastboot flash featenabler_ab featenabler.img fastboot flash vendor_boot_ab vendor_boot.img fastboot flash keymaster_ab keymaster.img fastboot flash uefisecapp_ab uefisecapp.img fastboot flash qupfw_ab qupfw.img fastboot flash xbl_ab xbl.img fastboot flash cmnlib_ab cmnlib.img fastboot flash cmnlib64_ab cmnlib64.img fastboot flash devcfg_ab devcfg.img fastboot flash hyp_ab hyp.img fastboot flash imagefv_ab imagefv.img fastboot flash aop_ab aop.img fastboot flash cust cust.img fastboot flash super super.img fastboot set_active a fastboot reboot
- The second last command will set the A partition as your active one and the last command will boot your device to the OS.
That’s it. These were the steps to install the Xiaomi EU ROM without TWRP Recovery on your Poco F3. All the queries are welcomed in the comments section below.