Realme has rolled out the August 2021 security patch update to over a dozen phones and the company continues to send the newest security update to more devices. Realme 6, Realme 6i, and Realme 7i are now receiving a new software update that mainly brings the August 2021 security patch.
The new software update for Realme 6 is rolling out with firmware version RMX2002_11_B.57 and the Realme 6i is receiving it with firmware version RMX2001_11_B.65/ RMX2001EU_11_A.58. According to the changelog shared by RMUpdate, the new OTA update optimizes system performance and system stability, in addition to a new security patch.
Coming to Realme 7i, the device is receiving a new software update which can be identified by the firmware version RMX2191_11_C.12. It brings July and August 2021 security patches. The software update includes a fix for the Camera app shutter issue when 48M mode is selected. It also fixes the File Manager lagging issue and optimizes the system performance, system stability for a better user experience.
The new OTA update for Realme 6, 6i, and 7i should be rolling out in batches and may take few days to reach all the units. You can manually check for the latest update by heading to Settings >> Software updates.
Realme 6, 6i Update Changelog:
- Optimized the system performance
- Optimized the system stability
Realme 7i Update Changelog:
- Updated Android security patch: July and August, 2021
- Fixes an issue where the Camera app might stutter when the 48M mode is selected.
- Fixes an issue where File Manager might take some time to open.
- Optimizes system performance and improves system stability.