Samsung’s August 2021 security patch is rolling out in the full flow. Now, the update has started hitting Galaxy S20 and Galaxy S21 series on Verizon’s network. Additionally, the update brings several performance improvements which should result in a better user experience.
August 2021 security update is rolling out as the 16th system update for Galaxy S20 5G and Galaxy S20+ 5G, while the Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G is receiving its 19th system update. According to the changelog, the update brings a new security patch and performance improvements.
- Samsung Galaxy S20 5G – RP1A.200720.012. G981VSQU2DUH1
- Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G – RP1A.200720.012.G986USQU2DUH1
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G – RP1A.200720.012.G988USQU2DUH1
Coming to the Galaxy S21 series, it is also receiving the August 2021 security and several performance improvements with the new update. The newest security patch fixes 40 system security and privacy-related vulnerabilities. It comes as the system update number 8 for the Samsung Galaxy S21 5G, Galaxy S21+ 5G, and Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G.
- Samsung Galaxy S21 5G – RP1A.200720.012.G991USQU4AUGQ
- Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G – RP1A.200720.012.G996USQU4AUGQ
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G – RP1A.200720.012.G998USQU4AUGQ
The new software update should have already popped up on your Galaxy S20 or Galaxy S21 phones on Verizon’s network. To manually update your phone, navigate to Settings >> Software updates and then tap on Download and Install button.